HEAD LICE FUN And HELPFUL HINTS
- Hygiene is immaterial to head lice, they enjoy clean and dirty hair equally
- Lice cannot survive more than 1-2 days without a human host
- Eggs will die within 2 weeks once they are dislodged from the hair shaft and host.
- It is not necessary to use pesticide sprays on furniture, rugs or personal items. In many cases, this will cause more harm to your home environment than benefit.
- Lice do not jump or fly; they crawl and trapeze from head to head
- Human head lice are host specific; they will not infest your animals
- Keep hair pulled back and use hairspray, hair dryers and hair gel to minimize the chance of acquiring or spread head lice
- Check clothing with a lint roller for loose hairs on a regular basis
- If children share a locker, cubby or coat closet at school, have them place their belongings inside a zipped backpack or trash bag